For all my book lovers out there tonight:
It was not so long ago that I was beguiling my time browsing one of my favourite bloggers and noticed that they have received the Leibster Award. I remember thinking, “Wow, they are truly a force in the blogging world. One day I hope to receive one myself and be a part of that chain.” Yesterday, that wish came true thanks to the amazing and wonderful City Girl Scapes, Veronica, Ashley and Jen.
I must admit I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of the blogging world, so this is a great honour and opportunity.
For those of you not familiar with this award, it’s strictly an Internet award handed out blogger to blogger consisting of 11 questions composed by the awarder. After answering the 11 questions and an additional 11 random facts, the person who had received the award creates 11 questions and passes it onto blogger(s) of their choice. For full rules click here.
So without further ado:
City Girl Scapes’ Questions:
1. What is your reading platform of choice: an e-reader or an actual, physical book?
Without a doubt I am team physical book. Just feeling the book bend in my hands and having the satisfaction of flipping over a page makes me feel all fuzzy inside. I may be a bit biased because I dislike reading anything on the Internet for long periods of time, as I feel that I don’t absorb as well the information I read. Curse those professors that made us read entire books online…
2. Inspired by Bird Box by Josh Malerman, if you had to live blindfolded, what would you most miss seeing?
Landscapes. Seeing the sun rising over the sand dunes at six am in Marrakech in the Sahara Desert just last week is one of the many things about this beautiful earth that I do not want to miss out on. Seeing the smoking forests blanketing the mountains in British Columbia is just another example.
3. Where in the world would you travel if nothing were stopping you?
Hogwarts. You said nothing was stopping me, not even reality, right?
4. What TV show do you never miss an episode of?
Suits. I ogle over Harvey Specter every Wednesday night.
5. If you could sit down for dinner with one celebrity, who would it be and what would you say to break the ice?
This is a tough one! I would have to say Emma Watson. I would embarrass myself my proclaiming the following: “ Your momma is so fat her patronus is a cake”. I saw it on tumblr. Don’t judge me.
6. What inspired you to start blogging?
Keeping my brain active in the literature spectrum. Since I have graduated with an English Literature degree I want to continue to immerse and engage with books to a similar degree as I did in school. Plus my memory sucks, therefore I need to write down what I think of the book before my short term memory forgets it.
7. Do you have a landline telephone or do you only have a cell phone?
I only have a “mobile” phone as they call it here. Or, a handy for those from Germany.
8. What was the last thing that made you laugh really, really hard?
My boyfriend made me laugh. He literally forced me by tickling me for at least a solid minute.
9. Who do you look up to?
I am interpreting this question as someone who you look up in your life, not a celebrity. So I would have to say my aunt. She is so busy all the time, but she loves life, is always cheerful and makes me laugh.
10. What is your dream job?
This is a tough one. My biggest dream, is to one day own a stable and ride horses all day, teach people how to ride and provide a fabulous facility/home for horses. Betcha didn’t see that coming. Oh, and writing about horses in my spare time 😉
11. Where do you want to see yourself in 5-10 years?
I would love to see myself still together and madly in love with my boyfriend, having a wonderful career that truly fulfills me and allows me to travel a bit and have my wonderful friends and family around me.
1. Salmon and Dill Philadelphia cream cheese is my absolute favourite spread.
2. I have left behind two younger brothers in Vancouver, British Columbia. I miss them everyday. Well, that could count as two facts…
3. Ice hockey is my sport of preference. Growing up in Canada does that to you J
4. Lion King is hands down my favourite Disney movie ever.
5. I make THE best chewy chocolate chip cookies. Don’t believe me? References available upon request.
6. My drink of choice on the beach is Mango Ice Tea. I am such a child.
7. Christmas is my favourite time of the year.
8. I’m an avid runner; it’s my way of curing stress.
9. I definitely prefer countryside to city. I need that fresh air, open space and that spot under a tree to just sit and read my book.
10. I love animals from Elephant shrews to giraffes. But horses most of all, of course.
11. Organization freak. There is something so calming knowing everything has their proper place and that efficiency has been optimized on a planned/booked vacation.
1. If you had a superpower what would it be and why?
2. Who is your favourite character (from the book of your choice) and why?
3. City or country?
4. If money wasn’t an issue, where in the world would you travel to and why?
5. What is one bad habit that you have? (Be honest!)
6. Do you have an idol? Someone who you aspire to? (Doesn’t have to be a literary folk!)
7. How do you commute? Car? Bike? Train? Private jet?
8. If you could meet one author (alive or dead) who would it be and why?
10. What is your favourite game (board game, video game, card game, etc)?
11. If someone gave you a $1000 shopping gift card to spend at a massive mall what would you spend it on?
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I can’t wait to read you guys’ responses! You’re up!
This blog is about our 5 year old little boy Seth and his battle with Severe Combined Immune Deficiency (SCID). At the point of beginning this blog he is being considered for a second bone marrow transplant in order to save his life. My aim is to provide a real account of his history and progress through diary entries, pictures and videos showing that the boy makes the most of his bubble!. I, his mother, will be the main contributor to this page, but its not about me. Comment, ask questions, do whatever you please this is not my page but ours. I hope that this provides others with information on tackling a condition that 30 years ago would have lead to death. As well as giving family and friends a place to keep up to date with the news of his journey. #wearyellowforseth
Reading the classics, and the not so classic
My space for all things books
Musings of a Canadian book reader, coffee drinker, and dog-lover.
"A good day is one where I can not just read a book, but write a review of it." - Christopher Hitchens
Smile! Don't look back in anger.
Writer. Book Hoarder. Gamer.
Sera reads... everything.
The TED Blog shares news about TED Talks and TED Conferences.
READ, REVIEW, REPEAT
I am the girl who wants to wander the world, to get inspired, to feel, to live. In order to find myself I have to lose myself first. https://www.facebook.com/aboutagirlwhowanders