I was nominated for this lovely award by Reckless Indulgences ! Thank you so much for the nomination, it means a lot to me and it really brightened my day!
1.Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
2. Put the award logo on your blog
3. Answer the ten questions they’ve sent you
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
5. Nominate ten people
Reckless Indulgence’s Questions:
1. Since I hate “favourite” questions, what genre or genres do you enjoy reading most? What draws you to those books?
Oooh this is a hard one! I would have to say the classics or like modern drama. Classics because of the writing quality. It can be absolute magic, a well write verse is almost like music to my brain. Drama because I am really interested in seeing how people think, why they think the way they do, and the external influences on personality/life. And children books. I am so relieved you didn’t as for a single genre!!!
2. Do you normally pick up and read a title at random if it interests you, or does the book have to come with high recommendations, lots of reviews and high ratings, and/or award nominations/wins?
It doesn’t have to come with high recommendations at all. Over the past year especially I have read high acclaimed books by esteemed authors and have been grossly disappointed. I am a bit book vain, so I am frequently tempted by books with nice covers. Guilty as charged.
3. Have entered any Book or Reading Challenges for 2015? If so, which ones?
I sort of dislike these, because they make reading a chore for me rather than choice. I made up a reading challenge and failed greatly. Probably won’t do one for a little while.
4. What movie and/or book are you most excited to see/read?
Is it sad to say that no to both? I have been a little out of the loop lately. I was excited for the Imitation Game movie to come out. That’s probably the most recent one.
5. Do you collect a certain kind(s) of book? If so, which ones?
Hmm this is a good question. I like hardcovers, but they are a little expensive for me. This Christmas I got one of the Barnes and Nobles classics editions of The Picture of Dorian Gray and I could see myself starting up a collection of those fancy books.
6. Give a guestimate. How many books do you think you own? (Printed books & E-Books included!)
If you count my books in Canada and the UK probably over 100.
7. As readers, we all have TBR lists. How long is yours and do you think you will be able to whittle it down this year?
I’d like to think I’ve been fairly reasonable about my list this year. I average around 4 books a month. I did only get to July at this point, probably will add books as the year goes. I often purchase books that other book bloggers have recommended, some of which I never heard of !
8. How do you usually acquire the books you read: Bookstores, Online (Amazon, Book Depository, B&N, AbeBooks, etc.), Indie Marketplaces, Libraries, Used Bookstores, $1-5 Bins, Gifts from family and friends?
I love the bookstore experience, but I love Amazon’s prices. Probably this past year I have turned mostly to making online purchases. For convenience and bargain prices.
9. Do you have an unusual reading habit? What is it and why do you do it?
I have noticed myself twirling my hair when I read. It’s so embarrassing when I catch myself doing it. I just have to keep my fingers busy.
10. If the zombie apocalypse happened RIGHT NOW, which fictional book character would you want with you? Why, and would you both survive???
Probably Harry Potter, because he increases my chances of surviving. He is the boy who lives after all. 😉
My Questions for you YOU!
1. What do you miss a lot right now?
2. What is your favourite dish/food? What is so good about it?
3. What book took you by surprise? I want one good surprise and one bad one!
4. What are your goals for 2015?
5. What is your least favourite noise and why?
6. If someone gave you $100,000 how would you spend it? Or save it? Be honest!
7. What is your favourite TV show of all time?
8. If you could be/are really good at one sport, what would it be?
9. Which book/author are you most excited to read from your TBR pile this year?
10. Tea or coffee?
1. Yvo @ It’s All About Books
2. Emma @ bluchickenninja
3. The Bookish God
4. Karen @ One More Page
5. My Book Strings
6. Cathy @ 746books
8. Ana @ Ana is the Bookworm
9. Eva @ The Paperback Princess
10. Christi @ I Know What You Should Read
Can’t wait to read your answers!