I have recently went on a little book haul on Amazon (again! It is my weakness!), as they had a 3 books for 10 pounds deal. I can’t say no to that. So below you will find the books I hope to get through over the next couple of months.
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- I’ve recently seen the movie and really enjoyed it. The story struck me as being even better written down than done in movie form, plus this way I don’t have to wait for the second movie to come out in September 😉
Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut
- If you have been following my blog for a bit you will know that I have been meaning to give this book a read for a while now, but just never got around to buying it. Well I made the commitment finally and can’t wait to give this a read!
The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling)
- I really enjoyed The Cuckoo’s Calling, and this book carried on with the same main character, Strike, trying to solve yet another puzzling murder case. Again, I can’t wait to jump in!
Empress Dowager Cixi by Jung Chang
- Unlike the previous books listed, this is a non-fiction book I came across really just by chance. I think my boyfriend and I were discussing and wondering if the dominance of men in history is mostly just a Western influence or whether it was worldwide. This book is about a Chinese Empress who the author claims to be the most important woman in Chinese history. So excited!
The Memory Book by Rowan Coleman
- I kept seeing this book everywhere, and it has gotten many positive reviews online so I thought I would give it a go
Have you read any of these books? Did you enjoy them?